2016 Selection Committee
A “Selection Committee” comprised of influencers from the Sacramento region’s business, technology and academic communities — all with experience pertaining to one of the program’s categories — carefully review the nominations during a seven-week evaluation process. During this process, each Selection Committee member also reviews nominations in a subcommittee pertaining to their area of expertise. In the event that conflicts exist between Selection Committee members and nominations, members will provide full disclosure to the rest of the committee, and then refrain from voting in the category in which the nomination is being judged. Following the evaluation process, each Selection Committee member will vote on ALL nominations submitted in EACH category (except on categories in which a nomination is being judged to which they have a direct tie). As many as three finalists (one being the winner) will be announced per category.
Selection Committee votes are tabulated by a certified public accountant provided by Moss Adams LLP. While Stoel Rives organizes the program, no one from the law firm votes. All FINALISTS were notified the week of September 19, 2016.
Kudos to our 2016 Selection Committee:
- Steve Mills, Partner, DCA Capital Partners
- Gino DiCaro, VP of Communications, California Manufacturing & Technology Association (CMTA)
- Tony Lopez, Vice President of Operations, Pride Industries
- John Krueger, Executive VP, Greater Sacramento Economic Council
FOOD & AGRIBUSINESS
- Kristy Levings, Director, AgStart
- Joe Schmidt, Senior VP Business Development & Strategy, BioConsortia, Inc.
- Ana Klein, VP & CFO, Sunsweet Growers Inc.
- Julie Morris, Director of Technology Innovation, World Food Center at UC Davis
- Trish Kelley, Senior Vice President, Valley Vision
- Helen Singmaster, General Counsel, Raley’s
- Ryan Sharp, Associate Director, Venture Catalyst, UC Davis
- Ashish Malik, CEO, Bee Vectoring Technologies International, Inc.
- Melissa Jones, Office Managing Partner, Stoel Rives LLP [non-voting liaison]
HARDWARE & ELECTRONICS
- Harry Laswell, CEO, Powerhouse Science Center
- Binda Mangat, President/CEO, Quorum Technologies, Inc.
- Amit Gattani, Senior Director of Segment Marketing, Embedded Solutions Group, Micron Technology, Inc.
- Norman White, Senior Attorney, Intel
- Robb Moore, CEO, ioSafe
- Tim Keller, Project Coordinator, Area 52 / Sierra Energy
- Philip Wang, Stoel Rives LLP [non-voting liaison]
MEDICAL AND HEALTH TECHNOLOGY & SERVICES – supported by MedStart
- Robert Groth, VP Program Development, Social Interest Solutions
- John Mesic, M.D., Physician Executive, Sutter Health Valley Area
- Cary Adams, JD, CEO, MedForce Accelerator / Almond Tree Capital
- Claire Pomeroy, M.D., MBA, President and CEO, Albert and Mary Lasker Foundation, Former Dean of the UC Davis School of Medicine
- Warren Smith, Ph.D., Professor, Electrical & Electronic Engineering Department, California State University, Sacramento
- Simon Cherry, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Biological Engineering, University of California, Davis
- Howard Bubb, CEO, SARTA
- Chris Wood, Senior Director, Mercy Neurological Institute , Dignity Health
- Chris Gresens, M.D., Senior Medical Director and Vice President of Global Medicine , BloodSource
- Dushyant Pathak, Assoc. Vice Chancellor, Office of Research, ED Venture Catalyst, UC Davis
- Matt Phillips, Director, MedStart, Social Interest Solutions
- Meg Arnold, Principal, GSD Consulting
- Matt Bethards, Stoel Rives LLP [non-voting liaison]
- Roger Akers, Managing Partner, Akers Capital LLC
- Laura Good, Consultant, Laura Good Consulting Services
- Vaibhav Nadgauda, Partner, Moneta Ventures
- Corley Phillips, Director, Sacramento Entrepreneurship Academy
- Kim Box, Director, American River Bank
- John Peters, Angel Investor
- Sylvia Arostegui, Stoel Rives LLP [non-voting liaison]
- Todd Lindstrom, CEO, Enable Energy
- Gary Simon, Chairman, CleanStart, Inc.
- Nicole England, Teichert Construction
- Erica Manuel, Manager: Community, Economic Development & Education, SMUD
- John Bissell, CEO, Micromidas, Inc.
- Chris Russell, Partner, Stoel Rives LLP [non-voting liaison]